- 30, 45, or 60 minute weekly private lessons are offered to students of all ages and abilities.
- Eastside Studio: Lessons in your home in Kirkland, and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Southside Studio: Lessons in my studio in Kent East Hill, near Kentridge High School.
What to Expect
- Samantha emphasizes accuracy, exceptional technique, and a beautiful sound. In addition to standard repertoire, advancing students are expected to become proficient in scales, arpeggios, and chords, which are the foundations of piano literature.
- Lessons encourage creativity and expression, but also facilitate problem-solving skills and efficient practice strategies.
- Playing piano is not easy. It requires practice and hard work, and will be very challenging at times — working through the challenges makes it a rewarding and fulfilling experience.
Parents agree to be actively involved in the learning process. It is the parent’s responsibility to establish a practice routine at home.
Students agree to be well-prepared for each lesson by reviewing and practicing their current repertoire and assigned material from the previous lesson.
This year’s incentive program is Piano Passport, similar to last year’s Musical Mountaineers, and in previous years, Castaway Keys, Piano Planet, Piano Scout and Project 88. Students who successfully complete the program receive awards at the end-of-the-year recital.
Studio Events & Performance Opportunities
A multitude of studio events and performance opportunities, including biannual Studio Recitals, the Music Artistry Program (MAP), the Music Literacy Program (MLP), and seasonal Group Lessons offer students the opportunity to work on their playing and performance skills in a variety of settings.
For Eastside In-Home Students, tuition is a flat monthly rate. Tuition is due on the first of every month (September-June).
30 minute lessons: $165/ month
45 minute lessons: $210/ month
60 minute lessons: $255/ month
There may be additional travel fees for homes located outside of Kirkland.
For Southside Studio Students, tuition is a flat quarterly rate. Tuition is due at the first lesson of the quarter (Fall/Winter/Spring).
30 minute lessons: $350/ quarter
45 minute lessons: $475/ quarter
60 minute lessons: $600/ quarter
Summer lessons are scheduled and billed separately.
What Tuition Covers
- Weekly lesson instruction
- Student books, music, and materials
- Lesson tools, incentives, and prizes
- Individualized plan for the student’s course of study
- Recital preparation, venue rental, and year-end awards
- Music Artistry Program (MAP) fees
- Music Literacy Program (MLP) fees
An acoustic piano or full-size digital piano with weighted keys and fixed pedals is required. Portable keyboards are not acceptable.
If a student cancels a lesson, there are no makeup lessons, lesson credits, or tuition adjustments given for any reason.
Tuition you pay reserves an exclusive weekly time in my schedule for your student. Because specific times are set aside for specific students, a student who does not attend a lesson will simply miss the benefit of that lesson. I will use that time to plan for the student’s progress, locate materials, etc. Please be assured that your tuition is always working for your child as I spend a great deal of time outside of lessons choosing repertoire, lesson planning, attending conferences, etc. So, even if you have to miss a lesson and cannot use the alternatives offered, you don’t have to worry about receiving less for your tuition. You’ll be receiving more energy, enthusiasm and a more successful lesson each week since I will have the appropriate time to give.